Tuesday, November 27, 2012

No Exit

1. My version of hell I guess would the more commonly known one, unlike Sartre's idea of a one room hell. I picture hell as a huge dry and dark place covered in flames and filled with monsters with of course, the most famous of them all, the devil.
2. Hell could definitely be described as too much of one thing. In any case too much of something whether it is good or bad can have a negative effect on the item. Once the subject is over used it becomes no longer desirable or that case valuable.
3. Sartre's creates his own idea of hell through literary devices such as imagery, allegory, and symbolism. He also uses indirect characterization for example how the characters act, say, and feel to establish this torturous place. My idea of a hell on earth would not be being suck in a single room although that would be pretty awful, however it is similar, mine would be being suck in the same schedule with the same people and the same circumstances at the same places with the same end result. I love the idea of free will even if I do the same thing for a whole week I take comfort in knowing that I can change if I want to. Without the option of free will I would surely go crazy and that would be my hell on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment