Monday, September 3, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

1. In my opinion no matter who you are or what your schedule is there are going to be factors in your life that affect your participation or experience in the class some in a good way others in a bad way. For me personally I do not have any trouble accessing the course information on a daily basis. As for my situation with friends and family I think yes, sometimes they are going to distract me or lead me away from my studies but they are also the people who help me the most. My first week was intense after missing the first two weeks for school, I had so much make up work in all my classes but I can say that thanks to my family and friends I'm back on track. The only factors that I can potentially see causing problems would be extra curricular. I'm very involved in Righetti FFA in fact im serving as this years Reporter, im also involved in our schools Red Cross club and am serving as the clubs president so trips and clud events could sometimes poorly affect course particpation and experience.

2. The best learning experiences I ever have are those that are interactive. One of my favorite educational experiences was our 7th grade trip to Montrey. I learned so much I learned about animals, science, marine life, and even some history about the town and its people. We went to the aquarium, walked Cannery Row, explored the harbor, and visited Doc's house. Most of all it taught me how I learned or at least the opimum way I learn and that is through experience and repitition. Before the trip we were asked to read, take notes, and answer questions on a novel called Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. A story all about history of Montrey and its people and I'm so happy they made us do that because once we were in Montrey walking through Cannery Row, eating sardines, sitting under the cyprus tree it was as if I was in the book experiencing what the characters did, going where the characters went, seeing through there eyes.

3. What I'm most concerned about in this class is the writing work load. I HATE writing unfortunately, anything that has to do with writing I try to aviod and when I can't aviod it I procrastinate until the absolute last second. I think what I hate most about it is the freedom about it, the fact that you chose the sentence length, the vocabulary, the word terminology, the spacing of ideas, even the ideas of the writing is left all up to you. I am however looking foward to hopefully getting better at writing so it becomes not such a daunting task in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment